This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and purchase something using my links, I receive a small commission. Anything I make goes right back into this blog 🙂 Thank you!
Happy first of week January, everyone! I hope your new year is going really well 🙂 B decided he wanted us to go on a spur of the moment trip to Sedona (a beautiful small city in Arizona you should definitely visit!), so I’m typing this from our cozy hotel room while B catches up on the Cardinals game.
And yes, we brought Molly with us 🙂 No trip is complete with the dog!
Since my task is to find us a nice place to have dinner, this will be a short and sweet wrap up of half 2014, half 2015 updates around the web!
Around Sunburnt Saver
In 2014, I recapped Sunburnt Saver’s Year in Review – my most pinned and commented posts, along with some of my favorite posts throughout the year. I didn’t do a Financial Year in Review, but don’t worry, I’ll continue to update you all on my goals throughout 2015!
In 2015, I reviewed my December goals and outlined my goals for January. I’m happy to say I closed out 2014 pretty well – I passed most of my goals and set up some (hopefully) attainable ones for January 2015!
Around the Web
The end of 2014 was pretty quiet in the PF-blogosphere, but the first of the year brought a rush of new posts! My favorites this week:
1) I loved Tonya’s Slow and Steady Goals for 2015. She is so right about not knowing what life can bring you in a year, so setting overarching goals is the way to go. I’ll be doing the same for myself this year, so it was nice to see how Tonya approached it!
2) Jessica from Mo Money, Mo Houses updated us on her 2014 goals, and she did a great job achieving most of her goals this past year! I’m excited to see how her 2015 goals go this year and, even though I’ll never set a goal for myself to do something terribly scary, I do like reading her updates and seeing how she pushes herself! 🙂
3) Shannyn from Frugal Beautiful set a goal for herself to save $20,000 in 2014, and her most recent post, she updates us on whether or not she made her goal. Go check it out to see how she did!
4) Sarah from Frugal Millionaire has tips on selling your house when you have kids, but honestly, the tips are great even if you don’t have kids! Number one thing: declutter your home as much as possible first! That will help you save money in moving costs, too. Fewer things to pack up and ship! 🙂
5) Holly has a post on Get Rich Slowly about looking back on 2014 and what her family can do better on in 2015. I love this, because looking back on what you accomplished (or didn’t accomplished) in 2014 can be a great way to set your goals for 2015.
All right, I’m off to enjoy the gorgeous Sedona snow with Molly! I love this cold weather – bring on the snow boots! 🙂 Hope you’re having a great weekend!