This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and purchase something using my links, I receive a small commission. You can click here to read my disclosure policy 🙂 Thank you!
Happy Saturday, everybody! We finally got rain in Phoenix, so this will be a short update from me. I have to take advantage of the cool weather while we have it! Yes, we Phoenicians enjoy the good weather in the winter, while most other people get to enjoy nice weather in the summer. Just pretend I live in the Southern Hemisphere, where the seasons are backwards. 🙂
Sunburnt Saver Update
This week, I covered my ruthless Christmas gift plan. Surprisingly (or unsurprisingly?) most of you agreed with my plan, which made me feel not so ruthless. Also, I didn’t realize a lot of people don’t buy gifts for their coworkers! You all are so lucky! This is also a Financially Savvy Saturday post, hosted by Mel of brokeGIRLrich, so definitely visit and comment if you haven’t already! 🙂
During this season more than ever, there are more charities asking you to donate. While a lot of these charities are legitimate, I covered how to determine if a charity is trying to scam you, and how you can do your own research to determine if your favorite charity is spending its donations right. This is helpful information year-round, but particularly during the holiday season!
Best Around the Web
So many options to choose from this week! You guys are really bringing it, even in December when I expected things to slow down. That’s okay – more great reading for me! 🙂 The best of the PF-web below:
1. Christine from The Wallet Diet covered living like a millionaire on a middle-class budget, and how our obsession with “keeping up with the Joneses” has now morphed into keeping up with the Kardashians. I liked Christine’s perspective on how it’s not what you own that defines you, but what you can afford and being grateful for that. It’s a good reminder this holiday season!
2. Stefanie from The Broke and Beautiful Life had a great story on how a personal rejection turned into a great opportunity. Read her post and remind yourself that failure or rejection is only a stepping-stone to success!
3. Sherry posted on Money Propeller about how to avoid scams when selling online. If you’re planning on selling anything online soon, or after you receive some questionable gifts, be sure to check out this post for some timely reminders on keeping yourself safe and protected.
4. Michelle from Fit is the New Poor has a really interesting post about her first investment dollar. I won’t spoil it by telling you where she invested, but trust me, check out this post. I am SO curious to see how Michelle’s investment goes, and I’m really excited to invest in that vehicle when I get some extra cash saved up! 🙂
5. Last but not least, I had to include a little travel post in this round up! Kate from Cashville Skyline talks about a beautiful little area of Jamaica rarely visited by tourists. She hasn’t visited yet, but she’s planned her last Southwest Companion Travel Pass with this trip, and I’m so excited to see her pictures when she returns!
Hope you all have a terrific Saturday – and for all of you getting snow, I’m jealous! 60 degrees is nice and all, but I so miss snow! Send some of it my way, huh? 😉