This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and purchase something using my links, I receive a small commission. Anything I make goes right back into this blog 🙂 Thank you!
Happy November, everyone! Did you survive Halloween? Did you get a lot of trick-or-treaters? B and I had almost 150 pieces of candy (no, I didn’t count them – the bags were 50 pieces each :)) (and I say almost because we definitely had some candy…) and we went through it all by 8:30 p.m. Success! Finally, a year where I had enough candy for almost all the kids and didn’t get stuck with leftovers. It’s a balancing act!
The Week in Sunburns
It’s still hot in Phoenix, just to let you know. I would be getting a sunburn right now if I spent any time outside, which I try to avoid. 😉 In case you missed me this week…
What to do when your coworkers hate the holidays – and no, the answer isn’t to just ignore the holiday. Unless you want to, but you don’t have to.
Choose your candy calories wisely! Let’s face it – most of us are going to eat candy this week. If you’re going to eat candy and are trying to watch your intake, check out my short list on how much some candies ‘cost’ and how you can balance out their cost through low-cost, fun exercise activities.
My Faves – Link Love
1. As much as I’d love to live in NYC, Stefanie reminds us why it’s not always so awesome to live there.
2. I always like to see how other people live, and Amanda does not disappoint. Also, I know she may not enjoy it all the time, but I am pretty jealous of all the rain she gets. Sigh, oh rain, how I miss you!
3. Erin tackles my dreaded enemy, Student Loan Debt, in her post and update. You tackle that debt, Erin! 6.8% club!
4. Julie from PB Fingers designed her home office, and I’m in love (with the office. Maybe with Julie. Definitely with peanut butter). I’m desperately trying to improve my design skillz but am having no luck. So I might just take this idea entirely… 🙂
5. Melanie from Dear Debt has a great post about #TakeAnHour, a movement designed to get people (and women in particular) to take an hour and focus on their finances. Fidelity has a great infographic, and you can read more about #TakeAnHour at Melanie’s blog.
That’s it for today! I’ll be back on Tuesday to sum up my sweet savings skills, sum up my October goals (and whether or not I made them) and rock out some new November goals. Have a great weekend!