Halfway through January! How are you all doing on your new year’s resolutions, if you made any? Hopefully still going strong! 😉
The Week in Sunburnt Saver
This week was busy! Since I was missing last week, I decided to make it up to you all and post something every day this week. In case you missed it…
Monday, I shared what should have been Saturday’s Weekly Update with some of my favorite posts from the previous week.
Tuesday, I covered fun outdoor winter activities to do in Phoenix. This is seriously the best time of year to visit Phoenix, so if you’re going to visit, check out some of the activities I recommend. Some are cheap (free!) and some cost money, but they’re all fun and will get you outside to enjoy the great weather!
Wednesday, I posted over at YourPFPro.com on the Gamification of Investing. There is a new game out there called StockCity from Fidelity, and I’m curious: would you play a game with your investments? It could be fun, but it also could get addictive quickly!
On Thursday, I wrote a motivational post about how to set better new year’s resolutions. Call them resolutions or goals, but either way, they have to be something you’ll actually be able to do.
Friday, I covered why I’m grateful to have my High Deductible Health Plan with a Health Savings Account – lots of acronyms involved in this post, but if you have questions about HDHPs or HSAs, just let me know and I’ll answer to the best of my knowledge!
Weekly Link Love
As if you don’t have enough to read from me this past week, here are a few posts I really enjoyed around the web this week:
- I absolutely loved Melanie from Dear Debt’s interview with J.D. Roth, founder of Get Rich Slowly, about how his blog changed his life. I didn’t know much about J.D. before, but his story is really interesting and inspiring. Blog for the love, not for the money! 🙂
- After all our trials with the house, Christine from The Wallet Diet’s post on why she’s renting and loving it certainly makes me miss some things about being a renter… including always having someone else to fix and pay for things (like a broken washer that floods the house…)
- Connie from Savvy with Saving covers 10 Common Frugal Myths: Debunked! I’ve never had the pleasure of watching Extreme Cheapskates on TLC, but from what I’ve heard, it certainly gives the “frugal” name a bad reputation!
- DC covers how to make money online in his recent post. One thing I’m mesmerized by about DC is how he and his wife make money just from entering (and winning, of course) giveaways online. To me, it seems to take a lot of work entering giveaways, and I’ve never won anything online, but maybe I need to up my game?
- Anne from Money Propeller outlines her goals for 2015, including professional and blog goals. I can’t wait to see how she gets MP to turn a $500 a month profit – and if you’re interested in making money from your blog, you should definitely follow Money Propeller. It’s Anne’s site for showcasing how hard (or easy) it is to make money from a website. Very interesting!
Have a great rest of your weekend! I hope you’re all staying warm or enjoying the temperatures, depending on where you may be in the world. Personally, I’m off to take the dog for a walk and enjoy this 70 degree weather we have! 🙂