This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and purchase something using my links, I receive a small commission. You can click here to read my disclosure policy 🙂 Thank you!
Sunburnt Saver Recap
As I hinted, my week has been crazy doing house stuff after our flood. In case you missed it, this week I discussed how you can survive a (financial) flood in your house – prepare yourself with knowledge. Know what your insurance says, how much your deductible is and, if you do nothing else: please take pictures of your valuables. It’s better to do it now, too early, than to do it too late. Trust me!
Start Earning More Money
Enter your information below to gain access the FREE Ultimate List of Side Hustles
My second post was reviewing how much we really need for emergency savings. Is the 6 month ‘rule’ really all that practical or necessary for you?
Best news EVER! My friend Erin (I just decided we’re friends right now, I should probably run that by her…) generously let me guest post on her totally-freaking-awesome blog Journey to Saving (which you should check out immediately! I’ll wait!). I posted about How to Split Your Household Bills After Moving In Together. People have some very different and strong opinions on this topic, so I’d love to get your input!
PS. I love guest posting, so if you’d like me to guest post on your blog, please let me know in the comments or via email – sunburntsaver [at] gmail [dot] com. I’m not currently accepting guest posts right now, but that’s because I would want my traffic to be worthwhile for you. I’m getting there! 🙂
On to some more fun stuff…
My Favorite Posts from Last Week
- Debs from Debt Debs highlights the Frugal FinCon Fiesta success, discusses her Versatile and Liebster blog awards, and gives us more insight into her amazing life. It’s a longer read, but so worth it!
- You have got to check out Stefanie’s post on how much she paid to travel to and enjoy FinCon – it is beyond inspiring! Girl saved craaaaazy money, and gave away some of her secret tips for affording FinCon next year!
- Amanda talked about one of my favorite subjects – job interviews! She shared her recent job interview experience, and asked us how we know if a job interview is going well or not so well. Go and wish her luck on her interview!
- Kate from Cashville Skyline (fun fact: she was my first BlogLovin’ follower – TY Kate!!) also talked about another one of my favorite topics – making your money and time work for you! Check out how dividends pay her, even when she’s not working.
- Finally, Kayla from Shoeholic No More posted about my third favorite subject (hey, I told you these were my favorite posts from the past week for a reason! 😉 – people using excuses to not do things. They don’t even have to be hard things, but people still make excuses not to do them! Wha? Why?!
With that said – stop making excuses and go take photos of your darn valuables. DO IT. Don’t regret it. Now, go enjoy your weekend! 🙂