This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and purchase something using my links, I receive a small commission. You can click here to read my disclosure policy 🙂 Thank you!
Hey everyone! Oh man, sorry for the late Saturday post. Today was crazy! We finally got our (first) check from our insurance company for the structural damage on our property caused by the flooding, and so we have been running around, paying contractors and choosing the ‘right’ tile flooring. I hope the color flooring we picked out works – I like it, but I also don’t have the best interior design skills, so we’ll see…
I hope everyone else is having a fabulous and relaxing weekend! Enjoy it for me 😉
Start Earning More Money
Enter your information below to gain access the FREE Ultimate List of Side Hustles
In case you missed it, on Tuesday I did a recap of my September accomplishments and outlined my October goals. I have a feeling that $700 I was able to save will probably end up going to everything insurance doesn’t cover so… we’ll see if I have to revise that 🙂
On Thursday, I talked about how I see houses as investments vs. a place to live in. Especially with all that has happened so far, I definitely see houses more as investments. Things happen to them, and even though you create lots of memories with family in them, it’s the family and the pictures and the memories that matter to me – not the house itself. But that’s just my opinion – add your 2 cents!
Without further ado, some of the best personal finance posts from around the web!
- I have the worst time with fashion, so I love when wonderful people like Adrianna from East Eclectic put it all together to show me just how I can afford to look like a runway model… you know, as much as I can. 🙂
- Connie from Savvy with Saving has some BIG news! Go check out her exciting news – congratulations, Connie!
- Tonya from Budget and the Beach updates us with her September review and October goals – hey, Tonya, don’t feel bad about being over 90 degree weather – I’m with ya! 🙂
- Jessica from Mo’ Money Mo’ Houses dishes about her exciting past year – and best part? Dental benefits and retirement planning, heyyyy!
- Finally, and don’t you just love this picture??, Carrie at Careful Cents breaks it down why freelancing is more secure than a full-time job. Do you agree? It certainly sounds enticing…
Have a great weekend, everyone!