Hey everyone! Yes, I know, it’s Monday! What am I doing a) posting and b) posting a Weekly Update? That’s for Saturday!
Well, it turns out I finally came down with that flu everyone around me was getting, the one I thought I wouldn’t get. You know, because I was proactive and got the flu shot? Alas, I came down with it a few days ago and was down for the count.
You know you’re sick when you don’t want to get on Facebook, you don’t want to post things online, you don’t even want to look at other people’s blogs! Personally, I’m incredibly social, even if I didn’t have a blog, so the fact that I didn’t even want to read everyone else’s lovely blogs speaks volumes!
Anyway, to make up on my absence, I’m going to post all week – things I had planned last week but didn’t complete because I was sick, and things I was going to cover this week anyway. Hooray, a whole week of posts, just for you!
The Week on Sunburnt Saver
I did finish one post for the blog last week! Woohoo! I caught you up on our roof debacle on my post 5 Lessons Learned from Getting a New Roof. The roof is finally done, the hole in our roof is patched, and no one else fell through. Success!
I also posted over at YourPFPro.com – I’m a regular contributor there now, and my most recent post covered 5 Financial Tune Ups you should do while your willpower is high and resolutions are still fresh in your mind!
Around the Web
I did read posts at the beginning of last week, and these are my favorites from then!
- Should College Athletes Be Paid? Really interesting post by Tonya over at Budget and the Beach. B and I have pretty strong discussions over this topic: he thinks they shouldn’t be paid (and has good reasons for that) and I think they should (and I think I have good reasons for my opinion). What do you think?
- How to Be Productive in Winter over at Katharine Writes. Personally, I’m pretty lucky that our wintertime (in Phoenix) is like everyone else’s summertime… I’m hardly ever cold, and this is the time of year when everyone wants to be outside. However, there are times I just want to curl up and chill, so Katharine’s How To advice is helpful!
- How to Be More Productive at Work from Diversified Finances. Hmm, I might be really into being productive, huh? While I’ve adopted a no-nonsense policy at work (because I value going home at a reasonable hour), maybe people still don’t realize how easily time can evaporate. Good read if you’ve been wondering where the time goes!
- 3 Retirement Planning Priorities for Millennials by Young Adult Money. Are you ever curious if you’re on the “right track” for retirement, and what other people your age are doing? Do you even know what the “right track” is? DC’s post on Retirement Planning Priorities is really helpful, but so are the comments. I love reading about what others are doing, so the comments are just as helpful as the post itself!
- A Look Forward to 2015 by Savvy with Saving. Connie updates us on her plans for 2015, and how she’s going to make them awesome. She’s got some great plans, especially business plans, for this year, so head on over and give her props!
All right, that’s it for today! Look forward to a fun week of posts – who knows, you may even get sick of me (but I hope not!) 🙂