Oh man, the weather is perfect today! 70 degrees and sunny, to be exact. Why yes, Bostonians, you should come visit AZ in the wintertime! 😉
It’s one of those days when you should absolutely be outside… which is what I’m going to do, approximately 5 minutes after I’m done writing this post 🙂
The Week in Sunburnt Saver
This week was a busy one! In my ever-ongoing quest to visit the gym (or get some sort of exercise) on a regular basis, I had an epiphany when I put on yet another worn out pair of pants (and droopy socks). How do you know when it’s actually time to replace your gym clothes? I found that while there aren’t exactly any hard and fast rules, there are general guidelines you can follow to replace your exercise clothes.
Talking about looooove on Thursday, I covered some frugal Valentine’s Day date ideas for all you lovebirds out there! I’d love to hear your frugal date ideas too – do you mostly stay in and do something nice, or do you try to make the day a fun, romantic (and frugal, or not so frugal?) adventure?
Also, on Wednesday I posted over at Your PF Pro about some Alternatives to the Fancy Valentine’s Day Dinner. If you’re still looking for some cute ideas to do tonight, check out that post!
Best of the Web
So much great stuff out there today!!
- Alexa from Single Moms Income is not-so-single anymore! Cue the romantic Valentine’s Day music! 🙂 Check out her exciting news!
- I’ve got wedding on the brain, so it’s no surprise that Holly’s post over at Get Rich Slowly is about saving for a wedding with a wedding savings account. I hadn’t thought about opening a separate account entirely for the wedding, but Holly makes a persuasive argument for it!
- I swear this is not going in order, I just liked this post… Saving for Baby by Michelle over at Fit is the New Poor is an interesting post I hadn’t thought of before: does it even make sense to save for a baby? No, no, we’re not talking money here, but rather in terms of planning. How many diapers do you buy ahead of time, anyway? If anyone has any ideas for Michelle (or is curious about the baby-saving process) check out her post!
- Okay, back to money, money, money… Will covers one of my favorite topics ever: being a millionaire. Yeah, I can dream… Will discusses how he will become a millionaire (and how we can too!) by fully funding his Roth IRA. Check it out!
- Finally, something I think about a lot… Erin has a post over at Young Adult Money where she discusses balancing debt repayments and savings. This is a constant thought on my mind and, while I usually come down on the side of saving 90% of the time, it’s still something you have to consider if you have debt.
Okay, that sun is calling me! I’m going to have to figure out a set up where I can still be on my laptop (work never ends! But not complaining because I love side hustling ;)) and still enjoy this weather… a standing desk, maybe? Just straight up move my desk outside in the grass? That could get messy… dilemmas! 🙂
Hope you’re enjoying your weekend, and happy 3 day weekend to everyone who has Monday off! 🙂