Oh my gosh, is it Halloween yet?! Yes, I know it’s only a week away, but I love candy! And handing out candy to children! Okay, now I might sound a little creepy… I promise I don’t chase children with candy! Also, I know I can have candy at any time of the year, but for some reason, it just seems more appropriate to eat massive amounts of candy during Halloween. Is that just me?
Saturday Weekly Update
Lots of fun stuff happening around the blog! Just in case you missed it and need a last minute Halloween costume idea, have you checked out my post on frugal Halloween costume ideas? If not, you should! They’re frightfully frugally delicious! 😉
Want to win something free? Of course you do! Have you checked out my review (and giveaway!) of The Millionaire in the Next Cubicle? Several people have entered (read: commented) so far, so your chances of winning are pretty good! Also, the book is a very good read for people trying to get into personal finance. It’s well-written and comprehensive – I seriously recommend you check it out if you’re at all interested in personal finance, saving, budgeting, investing, etc.
Finally, I posted about how to pick the right rewards credit card for you. Not everyone is keen on credit cards, but my opinion is that if you can responsibly pay off your credit card every month, and you make purchases with a credit card already, you may want to check out a rewards credit card. You can get rewards for buying things you would buy anyway – check out the review, as it has links to great websites that will help you choose the best rewards credit card for you and your shopping style.
On to my favorite part – Saturday link love! Here are my favorite posts around the blogosphere from the past week (or so):
- First of all – Erin’s cat. ADORABLE! I love cats. Even if you don’t like cats, you should definitely read her Being Grateful post. Erin will be joining an Instagram challenge about gratitude. For more info, check out her post!
- Have I mentioned how much I like East Eclectic? Her recent post is about finding the perfect jeans. My two cents? Once you find the perfect jeans, buy all of them. Worth it!
- Tennille from Two Kids and a Budget is on fire when it comes to finding cool promo/marketing/social media campaigns. Check out her most recent post on BzzAgent.
- Definitely one of the most intriguing posts, Michelle from Making Sense of Cents has an interview with Melody about how she lives on a 175 square foot sailboat – yes, that’s her house. And she shares it with her significant other and their 50 lb. dog. A must-read!
- Why Lauren from L Bee and the Money Tree doesn’t worry about saving – also, Molly was cool and all, but can we just say the best American Girl doll was Josefina? It’s true. 😉
Hope you all have an awesome weekend – and don’t forget to stock up on candy! The little goblins will be out in less than a week! 🙂